Our mission is to improve and/or maintain the health of older adults living in the community through physical activity and education.
About Our Leaders
Groups are led by peer volunteer leaders or staff who have taken the Forever…in motion leader training. and are primarily older adults (50+). All volunteers are registered with the Saskatoon Health Region.
This training includes: information on how to lead safe exercise programs for older adults, chronic conditions and preventing falls as well as lots of practical hands-on experience.
Time and Location
- September 24 – June 28
- Place: The Chapel, Room 1
- Days: Mondays and Thursdays
- Time: 10:30am-11:30am
- Cost: FREE
You can download a registration form to give to a friend as well.
Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Decreases the effects of aging
- Builds stronger bones and muscles
- Reduces the risk of falling
- Delays and prevents chronic diseases
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Improves joint and muscle flexibility
- Lowers blood pressure
- Controls weight
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improves balance and strength
- Helps control swelling and pain caused by arthritis
- Can help prevent osteoporosis
- Enhances sleep
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Helps people to remain at home,
- independent and self-reliant