The dedication service is a time for parents to express their vows before God, their family, and church. Parents express their desire to raise their child in a God-honoring way by being asked to affirm the following commitments.
We commit to:
- thankfully receive this child as God’s gift to you and your family
- be parents committed to each other; creating a stable environment in which our child can mature
- strengthen our marriage relationship
- be parents of personal faith; to recognize your children are more likely to follow God’s path by the model they first observe in you
- lead our home so it is a faith-filled home that will honor God in all our relationships and the family choices we make in spiritually growing our family
- be parents with patience; to recognize that our desire to shape this gift of God, with our inherent strengths and weaknesses, is a loving act that requires time, prayer, and God to produce in our children what we and God hope for