Each Sunday that we come together as a family, we encourage you to spend time centering on God’s presence through worship, learning from the teaching, praying, and just spending time together. Here is an outline, with some resources for each section, that you can use to enjoy church at your house.
Kids are an important part of what we do at Circle. We provide new resources for each Sunday. The kids resources are on their own page!
Worship (15 minutes)
You may think of worship as a time to sing with the band at church. But worship is actually so much more than that. To worship is to turn your attention and affection towards God in amazement and excitement. Here are a few suggestions for starting your time together on a Sunday:
- If someone in your house is able to lead everyone in singing, spend some time singing together.
- If you don’t have someone who can lead singing, here are a few other options:
- Listen and sing along to a few songs from our Spotify Circle Sunday Playlist
- Pick a few Psalms and read them out loud together. For this week we recommend Psalms 8, 9, and 17:7–11.
- Spend a few minutes expressing gratitude out loud to God.
Giving (2 minutes)
Take a few minutes to practice generosity at Circle. You can give online. After giving, have somebody pray for generosity and provision at Circle during this time. If you don’t want to give by credit card there are other options.
Teaching and Discussion (45 minutes)
Join us at 10:30 for the Sunday service. We’re doing online church in our new location live.cdac.ca
Watch this week’s teaching. If you can’t watch at 10:30am Sundays, you can catch it any time later on our YouTube Channel, CircleYXE. You can follow along with the message notes in the Circle Church App (download the app below), or download a copy of the notes.
We put together a guide on how to meet digitally with your Circle Group. How to Take Your Circle Group Online
To finish your gathering, spend some time in prayer together. Spend time praying for:
- Followers of Jesus to be a presence of peace and love in our city
- Eradication of COVID-19 and healing for those who are sick
- Wisdom as we consider how to re-open Circle
- Financial provision for the ministry at Circle
- Any needs in your household
- Any needs in your neighborhood and community
This is a stressful time for everyone! Let us know how our prayer team can pray for you!