Electronic Funds Transfer (or online banking) lets you move money electronically from your account to a company or other organization’s account. In this case, you can go to your account on your bank’s website and transfer money to Circle Drive Alliance Church. To use online banking you need to set up Circle Drive Alliance Church as one of the organizations that you “pay bills” or transfer money to.
Your bank will need to know your “personal identification number/account number” here at Circle. This is your offering envelope, or giving, number. If you don’t remember what it is, this number is on your quarterly statements as well.
If you don’t have one, you can phone Deserée at the church office (306-373-5445) and get that during business hours (8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday).
You can also request a giving number online and we’ll email it to you. A real human being has to create your giving number in our system, so it’s not automated. It usually takes less than one business day to get it done, but you can make the request whenever you think of it using the form.
This number is used to uniquely identify you so your donations, gifts and offerings can be correctly connected to you when they arrive through the online system.
NOTE: All online giving amounts automatically go into the Tithing: Local Ministries fund. If you would like to designate an alternate fund (like Imagine) you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your designation request at the same time as you make your online donation.
Circle Drive Alliance Church is currently set up to accept online banking donations from these banks:
- Royal Bank
- Scotia Bank
- TD Canada Trust
- CIBC (includes President’s Choice Financial)
- Credit Union of Central BC
- National Bank of Canada
Why is this preferred?
- Flexibility, control – in addition to controlling the timing of payments, you can track and manage your giving from anywhere you have access to the internet.
- Reduced operating costs – EFT reduces costs associated with paper-based payment processing, such as postage, cheque and envelope costs.
- Time savings – EFT also reduces time spent mailing, reconciling, processing and depositing payments.
- Improved security – EFT reduces the risk of lost, stolen or forged cheques.