Kids Kapers Preschool Camp, June 10th – 14th
Welcome to Kids Kapers Preschool Camp, June 10th – 14th! We are looking forward to a week of fun at Kids Kapers 2019: Power Up!
There are certain things you will want to know about our camp activities for the week, so please keep this letter handy to refer to when the camp date arrives.
1) SCHEDULE: The schedule of the day will run as follows:
- 9:15am Welcome Time, Memory Verse and Activity Centers
- 9:50am Large Group Time
- 10:25am Snack Time
- 10:40am Intergalactic Games
- 11:05am Catch’ Em All Crafts
- 11:30am Power Down for the Day and Head Home
When you arrive each morning, please use Entrance “A” and pick up your child’s Name Tag. Classroom doors will be open and leaders will be ready to
receive children no earlier than 9:15am. On the Monday of camp, there will be greeters ready to answer any questions you might have and help direct you.
3) SECURITY: When you registered for Kids Kapers, we asked all families to provide a family password. As registration was a few months ago, you will be reminded of your password on Monday morning of camp. At pick-up time each day, you will be required to provide this word to your child’s leader. If another adult is picking up on your behalf, please ensure they know your family password.
4) T-SHIRTS: As part of Kids’ Kapers, each camper will receive a T-shirt on the first day of camp. We encourage ALL campers to wear their T-shirt throughout the week and especially for our group photos on Monday and our Closing Program on Friday.
5) CLOSING PROGRAM: On Friday, June 14, we invite parents/guardians, family and friends to join us for the Closing Program in the CHAPEL, beginning with refreshments at 10:45am. At 11:00am, the campers will join us to perform some of the songs they learned throughout the week. This will be the conclusion of camp, approximately 11:30am.
6) COMMUNITY IMPACT PROJECT: At Circle we feel it is important to share what we have with others in our local community and globally as well. Throughout the year, our Children’s Department supports our two World Vision friends, Soit Beni (Congo) and Khongorzul Tungalagtamir (Mongolia) as our global project. A portion of your camp registration fees will go towards Soit & Khongorzul and their communities.
As one of our local projects, Kids Kapers supports Big Brothers Big Sisters of Saskatoon. In addition to their Big Brother & Sister Matches, BBBS offers an In-School Mentoring Program, as well as a program for children that are new to Canada called Club Connect. They offer these programs within 30 schools in Saskatoon to provide volunteer mentors and group programing to kids. A portion of your registration fee will go to support this program. As well, we encourage you to join us in supporting BBBS by donating supplies for the various activities they provide. BBS Shopping List. Please drop off your donation in the tub marked BBBS by the registration desk during camp.
As our second and newest local initiative, we are working with our partner Community School(s) to provide socks for the program Socks for Kids. We would love for you to help us gather new socks that we will donate to the School(s) in December. If each camper donated just one pair of socks, it would make a big difference! Please drop off your donation(s) in the Donation tub by the registration desk during camp.
7) ATTIRE: Please send your child in play clothes and be sure to send a jacket for cooler days, and a hat for outdoor fun. Please make sure all items are labeled with your child’s name.
8) MEMORY VERSE: Throughout the week, we will be focusing on one verse. We encourage campers to “memorize” the following verse.
“God’s power has given us everything we need to lead a Godly life”
2 Peter 1:3a, NIrV
Campers will have the opportunity to say their verse to the leaders in their room each morning (don’t worry, they will help them!). After they have said their verse, they will be given a sticker to put on their sticker sheet, which they will take home on Friday.
9) FOOD ALLERGIES:
Nut Free: All of our camps are designated as “nut free”. As such, we ask that you do not send any food items with your child, as snack is provided and will be “nut free”
Other Food Allergies: Please note we only make provisions for nut allergies. If your child has other food allergies (lactose, gluten, etc.) please contact Cody Preiss (email@example.com) PRIOR to camp and we will inform you of our snack menu and you can arrange to send alternate choices for your child as necessary.
Epipens: If your child carries an Epipen, please label it with your child’s name and chick it in with your child’s Group leader when your child arrives at camp and collect it at the end of the day or week as you deem necessary.
10) MUSIC: For those of you who are new to our Kids Kapers family, music is a very important part of the camp experience! This year the cost of the music is included in your camper registration fee. You will receive a music download code after the Closing Program on Friday.