Kids Kapers Preschool Camp, June 11th – 15th
Welcome to Kids Kapers Preschool Camp, June 11th – 15th! We are looking forward to a week of fun at Kids Kapers 2018: AMPED!
There are certain things you will want to know about our camp activities for the week, so please keep this letter handy to refer to when the camp date arrives.
1) SCHEDULE: The schedule of the day will run as follows:
- 9:15am Welcome Time, Memory Verse and Activity Centers
- 9:50am Large Group Time
- 10:25am Snack Time
- 10:40am Gnarly Grommet Games
- 11:05am Kick-Flippin’ Craftz
- 11:30am Unplug Your Amp and Head Home
2) ENTRANCE: When you arrive each morning, please use Entrance “A”. Classroom doors will be open and leaders ready to receive children at 9:15am. Prior to this you will be asked to wait in the hallway before picking up your Security Tag and dropping your child off in their designated classroom.
3) SECURITY: As part of our security system for camp, we asked all families to provide a Password upon registration. You will be reminded of your Password on Monday of camp. This word may be used by adults in your family if your family Security Tag is unavailable. You will receive a new Security Tag each morning and it will need to be presented at pick-up.
4) T-SHIRTS: As part of Kids’ Kapers, each camper will receive a T-shirt on the first day of camp. We encourage ALL campers to wear their T-shirt throughout the week and especially for our closing program on Friday.
5) CLOSING PROGRAM: On Friday, June 15, we invite parents/guardians, grandparents, and friends to join us for the Closing Program in the CHAPEL, beginning with refreshments at 10:45am. At 11:10am, the campers will join us to perform some of the songs they learned throughout the week. This will be the conclusion of camp, approximately 11:30am.
6) MISSION PROJECT: At Circle we feel it is important to share what we have with others in our local community and globally as well. Throughout the year, our Children’s Department supports our two World Vision friends, Soit Beni (Congo) and Khongorzul Tungalagtamir (Mongolia) as our global project. A portion of your camp registration fees will go towards Soit & Khongorzul and their communities.
As one of our local projects, Kids Kapers supports Big Brothers Big Sisters of Saskatoon. In addition to their Big Brother & Sister Matches, BBBS offers an In-School Mentoring Program, as well as a program for children that are new to Canada called Club Connect. They offer these programs within 30 schools in Saskatoon to provide volunteer mentors and group programing to kids. A portion of your registration fee will go to support this program. As well, we encourage you to join us in supporting BBBS by donating supplies for the various activities they provide. You can find a list of requested items here on our website. BBS Shopping List. Please drop off your donation in the tub marked BBBS by the registration desk during camp.
7) ATTIRE: Please send your child in play clothes and be sure to send a jacket for cooler days, and a hat for outdoor fun. Please make sure all items are labeled with your child’s name.
8) MEMORY VERSE: Throughout the week, we will be focusing on one verse. We encourage campers to “memorize” the following verse.
“God’s way is perfect.” 2 Samuel 22:31, NIrV
Campers will have the opportunity to say their verse to the leaders in their room each morning (don’t worry, they will help them!). After they have said their verse, they will be given a sticker to put on their sticker sheet, which they will take home on Friday.
9) FOOD ALLERGIES:
Nut Free: All of our camps are designated as “nut free”. As such, the snacks we serve each day will be nut free. We ask that you do not send any food items with your child, as snack is provided.
Other Food Allergies: Please note we only make provisions for nut allergies. If your child has other food allergies (lactose, gluten, etc.) please contact Daniel Fedrau (firstname.lastname@example.org) PRIOR to camp and we will inform you of our snack menu and you can arrange to send alternate choices for your child as necessary.
Epipens: If your child carries an Epipen, please check it in (labeled with your child’s name) your child’s Small Group leader when your child arrives at camp and collect it at the end of the day or week as you deem necessary.
10) MUSIC: For those of you who are new to our Kids Kapers family, music is a very important part of the camp experience! This year the cost of the music is included in your camper registration fee. You will receive a music download code after the closing program on Friday.