Camera and Shooting skills: 9am – 12pm
This hands-on workshop will help you understand how to use your DSLR or point and shoot camera to its full potential.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Review of camera operations for exposure, depth of field, motion, custom white balance, HDR
- Using the histogram to check your work and even answer the question;”What’s a histogram?”
- Applying lighting sources (natural and on-camera flash)
- Creative Techniques & Composition
- Resources and sources to get better
What to bring:
- DSLR camera, lenses, batteries, memory cards, tripods,- whatever you want to learn how to use.
- Notebook and writing utensil or laptop/tablet to take some notes.
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
Picture editing with Software: 1pm – 4pm
This hands-on informative workshop will explore the fantastic possibilities of Photoshop/Lightroom, help you improve your photo-editing skill set, and provide numerous methods of digital imaging process for effective result.
Topics will include:
- Digital capture, digital workflow, colour management, file format & conversion
- Essential practice and technique of Photoshop’s layers
- Layer attributes, layer designation, and layer mask application
- Exposure control with levels, curves and contrast adjustments for high dynamic range within image
- Adjustment of colour and contrast with luminosity and blending modes
- Practical colour correction and application
What to bring:
- A laptop or computer with recent versions Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom installed.
- Bring digital images you would like to enhance & improve through Photoshop